Finding God's Wisdom in Any Situation

Often, people ask me how they can know God's will or how they can find God's wisdom for a particular situation. I can't tell them God's will for them, and they can only get God's wisdom from Him, but I can point them in the right direction. James 3:13-18is a passage I use to help people like this.

There are certain things that show us when things are done according to the wisdom of this world. Those things are envy, self-seeking, and confusion. It leads to sensuality and even the demonic. However, sometimes it is just very subtle selfishness. God never operates that way.

On the contrary, God's wisdom is seen by these types of things: purity, peaceableness, gentleness, being willing to yield, mercy, good fruits, no partiality, and no hypocrisy. I believe that is a clear contrast, don't you?

Therefore, when you are seeking God's wisdom, step back and look at these lists, and see how they apply to your situation. I believe that will make it clear to you how to act in God's wisdom. However, I do want you to pray for God to direct your steps and your words in all you do and how you do it.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 18-19 and James 4.

Popular Posts