A Wonderful Birthday Present

I had a great day. There were so many blessings and presents. I am sure I can't name all of them. However, there was at least one that was a significant present.

I started off with a reflective "unhurried time" with the Lord. I remembered how He had blessed me down through the years, and I thanked Him. I went out and ran my 3 miles in the brisk air. It was invigorating to think that God had given me the health to run like that. It was great to be with Chris and to receive her loving birthday card. Dixie was even at home, so it was great to be with her. I got calls from Lori and John, as well as other friends. I received several cards, too.

Then, I had 2 meaningful prayer times at church, followed by lunch at one of my favorite places with Chris and Dixie. I had to hurry to Good News Club without too much time to prepare, but it went well. I had supper with Chris, Dixie, and my parents. Then, I received some great gifts and more cards. Finally, I was able to share the Gospel at the North Henry Academy Patriotic program. What a great day!

However, amidst all of these blessings and presents there was one that stuck out. When I finished showing the children at Good News Club a wordless book presentation with a little flipper, one of the boys spoke up. He wanted to know about accepting Jesus as his Lord and Savior. I just stopped the lesson, and he and a few others went out to speak to the adults about knowing Christ. Terry cam back in to tell me that one of the little boys really got it. He asked Jesus to be His Lord and Savior. Maybe, some of the others did, too. Now, that is a wonderful birthday present I was not really expecting. God was so good to let me be a part of that today. After all, it is not about when we are born. It is about when we are born again.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Samuel 16-18 and Luke 17:20-37.

Popular Posts