Cleaning the gutters

Yesterday, after I cut the grass, I cleaned out the gutters. I have been meaning to crawl up on the roof and do that for a while, but I haven't done it. I thought they were probably clogged, because the water was not draining as it had before. Sure enough, they were clogged, and I could see the damage it was causing. The debris was forcing the water to flow over the side of the gutter, so that it was too close to the foundation of the house. The result was some water seeping into the crawl space and some erosion next to the foundation. It would have just become worse if I had not cleared away the trash and leaves.

That is like my life. If I let sin build up a little at a time, it might not seem too serious, but soon it causes destruction on a large scale. It is necessary for me to deal with it by repenting of that sin and asking for God's forgiveness to take it away. Then, everything works as God designed. The problem is that it is easy to let little things build up. I must not allow that to happen. I want to be clean from sin all of the time. I want everything in my life to go according to God's perfect plan. What about you? Is there some sin that needs to be cleared away? If so, please don't put it off, because sure destruction will come.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Kings 1-2 and Luke 19:28-48.

Popular Posts