A New Creation

It was so refreshing to speak to one of the families who came to the Strength Team Crusade this afternoon and to hear the testimony of the mother. We have found that a lot of the people who made decisions then did not completely understand what they were doing. However, several people were saved, and we are thankful for that. The lady we spoke to today gave the strongest evidence of salvation, as far as I am concerned. In the process of the conversation her husband said that the change in her life had been substantial, and the children agreed. What a blessing!

II Corinthians 5:17 makes it so plain that anyone who comes to Christ is a new creation, a new person. The old has passed away and all is new. If there is no change, there is no salvation. I love to speak to a person who tells of his or her salvation by describing the change in attitudes and actions, not just asking Jesus to save them from sins. The change is the assurance that Christ did forgive the sins. I can vividly remember how Jesus changed me 39 years ago. It was not me at all. It was Him. He did the changing. I just surrendered to Him in repentance and faith. I pray that each of you has experienced that change of becoming a new creation.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Samuel 23-24 and Luke 19:1-27.

Popular Posts