The Suffering of Christ for Me

Last night I watched "The Passion of the Christ" again. It is sobering to think of how much Christ had to suffer for my sins. It is such a personal thing. His body was broken for me, and His blood was spilt for my sins. He took all of my sins upon Him, so He could pay the price of His blood and die in my place. What incredible love! What devotion to righteousness!

When I see the bloody body of Christ, it causes me to cry. Yes, the pain was horrendous, but it is the love that touches me so deeply. He knew that the only way that the Father could forgive my sins and still be totally just and righteous, was for Him to take the worst punishment that anyone has every received, even though He was not guilty of even one sin Himself. That is the epitome of sacrificial love, and God did that for me and for you.

I pray that my response to the love of Christ is worthy of His sacrifice. I pray that I can give my all for Him out of love, as He gave His all for me out of love. What is your response to this great love? Nothing less than total trust and commitment is worthy of such a sacrifice.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Joshua 13-15 and Luke 1:57-80.

Popular Posts