Spiritual Fruit

One of my prayer requests for myself each morning is that I will bear spiritual fruit. I try to constantly look for the right person or the right situation for bearing fruit. It is always so satisfying to see the Lord produce that fruit through me. Sometimes, in fact, most of the time, I am just part of the process of bearing that fruit, but it is still very rewarding whether I am the one who plants the seed, or waters it, or harvests the fruit.

This year as I was going through the decision cards for our Upward Awards Day and the Strength Team Crusade, it dawned on me that at least 5 of the 10 boys on my Upward team accepted Christ in the last two weeks. That is amazing to me, but it just shows how important it is to spend time with the children. It leads them closer to the Lord, and then, when the Gospel is presented in the right way, they are ready to accept Christ. When I started the season, I would not have dreamed that God would save half of the boys on my team. That is a good example of God doing more than we ask or think. The Lord does that when we pray for fruit, and we make ourselves available to Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Joshua 1-3 and Mark 16.

Popular Posts