Born a Second Time

 We all know our birthday. That was the day that we came forth to be a person ready to live in this world. We took our first breath of this air. We began to be hungry and take nourishment, so we could grow and live our life. However, I wonder how many of us have a second birthday? Without a second birth, we are not able to exist in God's kingdom and live forever with Him in heaven.

Jesus surprised Nicodemus by telling him of the need for two births. (John 3:3) Jesus replied to him, "I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the kingdom of God." Nicodemus thought he knew the Bible pretty well, but he had never heard of this strange concept. We may have heard of it, but do we really take it seriously?

My second birthday was March 20, 1970. I had to look up the date for Palm Sunday that year, but I know that is when I was born again at Peachcrest Baptist Church in Decatur, Ga. I knew about Jesus before that. I even believed that He had died for me and rose again that I might be saved. However, I was not willing to confess Him before other people publicly and give myself to Him totally.

When I went forward to let everyone know I wanted Jesus to be my Lord and Savior, a change happened in my life. I was changed by the power of the Holy Spirit, and I became a new creation in Christ. My old life had passed away. I was born again and ready to live for the Lord and with the Lord forever. I pray that all of us have had that second birthday, whether we know the date or not. It is vital for eternal life.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read John 4-6.

Popular Posts