Our Creator and Preserver

 This morning I took my brisk 3 mile walk in the darkness. I looked all around and saw the trees and heard some of the creatures that live in the woods. I looked up to see the stars shining brightly. It was a beautiful morning. All of this is thanks to the Lord our God who created me and everything I saw and experienced. I am so thankful He did.

Jeremiah was inspired to write a song of praise to the Lord. (Jeremiah 51:15) He reminded the people that the Lord made the earth by His power, and He preserves it by His wisdom. With His own understanding He stretched out the heavens. Our Creator and Lord is so worthy of our praise and worship every day.

God is All-powerful, and with His great power He created the whole earth. He made all of the oceans and the land, the mountains and the valleys of all the earth. He made it well, and it is a wonder to behold. It all points us to Him. He is still involved in His creation by preserving it by His wisdom. Jesus is holding it together, and God is making sure it all operates according to His plan.

Of course, He did not just make this world in which we live. He created many worlds and galaxies of planets and stars that are so magnificent. It all causes us great wonder and awe to think of what a mighty God we have. In spite of sin causing damage to His creation, God is able to still direct His creation until we have a new heaven and a new earth, untarnished by sin. I can't wait to see it all.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 52 and Lamentations 1-3. 

Popular Posts