Boasting Against the Lord

 Every so often I run into someone who is so arrogant that they make very defiant statements about God and even the Lord Jesus Christ. It hurts my heart to hear them say those things, because I realize their pride and boasting against God will lead to their downfall, unless they repent and humble themselves. I think we all need to guard against this sin.

The nation of Moab was a country of arrogant people. (Jeremiah 48:42) God declared to them through Jeremiah the prophet that Moab would no longer be a nation, for it had boasted against the Lord. See what I mean. We need to learn from this and be very careful.

We may not think of ourselves as being proud. However, a subtle pride can be lurking under the surface of our life. It can rear up its ugly head, if we ever think or say, "I can handle this myself." That statement shows a certain amount of pride. Jesus said that without Him, we can do nothing. (John 15:5) We must humbly submit to Jesus' leadership and power for everything.

Also, we may get very depressed or stressed. We may get angry at the Lord for something that has happened. Whatever the cause, we may tell God that what He did was wrong. That is the height of arrogance. That is boasting against God by saying we know better than He does. Please, be sensitive and flee from any kind of pride.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 49-51.

Popular Posts