Satisfied!

 It seems to me that most people are dissatisfied with something. They are always needing or wanting something else, as they search for satisfaction. I don't believe that is how the Lord wants us to live. He wants us to look to Him to meet our needs. Then, He wants to give us all we need, as we trust Him and His provision.

Of course, that is what David found out in his life. (Psalm 23:1) He was able to confidently declare that the Lord was his Shepherd. Because of that relationship, he had all that he needed. David's testimony should be our testimony, too, if we have the same Shepherd.

 The main way that we have all we need is that we have a close relationship with Him, and He gives us His peace, joy, love, and the hope that only He can give us. These gifts are in full force 24/7, and no matter what happens to us He is there to strengthen us and to guide us in His way.

However, God also sends people and resources to make sure we have all we need. God sent me the wife that I needed, and she has been a blessing now for almost 50 years. He was sustained me and my family by His provision all through my life, as we have trusted in Him as our Lord and Shepherd. Therefore, when I wake up every morning I am satisfied, and that satisfaction lasts all day long.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalm 25-28. 

Popular Posts