Recalling All God Has Done

 How often do we just stop to recall all that God has done for the people of the earth and for us? I believe it would do us good to do that on a regular basis. I am not talking about living in the past. I am suggesting that if we do not remember the wonderful things God has done, we will not be as thankful as we should be, and we won't know that He can still do wonders today.

The psalmist said that he was constantly doing this.(Psalm 77:11) He stopped to recall all God had done. He remembered the wonderful deeds of long ago. His mind was filled with wonder as he thought about the Lord making a way through the Red Sea for the people of Israel. What a miracle! But that was only one of the many things God had done.

I think of all God has done for me, since bringing me forth from my mother's womb. He provided a loving family with a father and a mother, along with my little sister. He came to me at Peachcrest Baptist Church and revealed Himself to me, so that I could come to know Christ. He saved me from my sins and called me to preach.

God gave me a fantastic wife, and three of the best children I could ever have had. He has made a way for us through the last 49 years, so that we had all that we needed. He has allowed me to pastor 5 churches and to see so many people saved and make so many good friends. How could I do anything other than praise Him and give Him all of my devotion today and forever?

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 78-80. 

Popular Posts