An Excellent Wife

 What makes for an excellent wife? Proverbs 31 has a list of all kinds of qualities of an excellent wife. However, I believe there is one of these qualities that far exceeds the rest. It doesn't matter how diligent a lady is in her work or her responsibilities if she doesn't have this other quality. Marriage is all about having the closest possible human relationship between a man and a woman. If there is not that special relationship, the marriage is a failure in God's eyes. That is why this one quality is so important. (Proverbs 31:10,11) What is it? It is trust. Yes, and excellent wife is hard to find. Her worth is far above jewels, because her husband trusts in her, and he has no lack of gain. Let's unpack this some today.

We may be attracted to a very beautiful lady, and we could decide we love her very much. We can even be impressed by all of her abilities. However, if she can't be trusted, she can't be an excellent wife. Trust is what enables us to be intimate with another person. We can share the desires of our heart, our values, and our fears with someone we can really trust. Then, we grow closer and closer together, and we love each other more and more. We see great gain from that love and the results of our relationship as we work together to be good Christians, good parents, and good citizens for the glory of God. We become a team, and God blesses our team because we are fulfilling His will for every couple who becomes one. I know all of this to be true, because I have experienced it with my wife, Chris, for the last 47 years. She is a joy to me, and my heart trusts in her completely. I have had so much gain in more ways than I can count. Thank you, Lord, for sending her to me.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ecclesiastes 1-3. 

Popular Posts