The Power of One Person

When God was about to destroy Jerusalem, He told Ezekiel that He had sought out a man to build a wall and stand in the gap before Him on behalf of the land, so that He would not destroy it, but He did not find even one man. (Ezekiel 22:30) That is one of the saddest verses in the Bible to me. One person standing up to the evil and praying could have saved the nation of Judah. I wonder if the same will be true of us today.

Many of us have already seen the excellent Christian movie. "War Room." It is a powerful movie with a Biblical message. In short, the  message is for us, as Christians, to build a wall and stand in the gap before the Lord for America. I know when the people left the theater where I saw the movie, they were fired up. I wonder how many of us are genuinely becoming prayer warriors? I am sure some closets have been cleaned out, but how much time is being spent in prayer? I pray that God will find many people standing in the gap in America, so this crisis in which we find ourselves may be averted by the power of God.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 25-27.

Popular Posts