Great is Your Faithfulness !

Thanks to a good friend named Michael Claunch, I have a nice Thomas Kinkade painting on my office wall. At the bottom it has Lamentations 3:22,23 engraved on a plaque. I will always treasure this painting and these verses. It was given to me after a very difficult time in my life, in which God proved more than faithful. I have personally experienced the truths of these verses. I pray you have experienced them, too.

 When Satan fights against a child of God, he wants us to think we will be consumed by his rage. That will never happen, though, because the Lord's mercies are abundant and powerful to deliver us out of his attacks. Those mercies are new every morning; they never run out. God is always faithful! What a blessing to be held secure by the Lord of all!

The children of Israel came through a very dark time in their history. Jeremiah was inspired to write this book of Lamentations which laments all of their suffering and desolation. It is fitting for these verses to come in a lament, because whenever we cry, we should remember the mercies of the Lord. We should turn to the one who is always faithful to comfort us in our affliction, if we will just trust Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Lamentations 4-5 and Ezekiel 1.

Popular Posts