God's Word, My Joy

The Word of God is amazing! It is much more than a book. It is spiritual food for us, and when we eat it, we find that it is the joy and rejoicing of our hearts, if we are God's children. (Jeremiah 15:16) Let's consider what Jeremiah has taught us about the wonderful Word of God.

Have you had a great meal lately? Yesterday, we went to my favorite German restaurant, and I enjoyed a very delicious feast. It was so filling and satisfying, and it was a joy to share it with my family, too. I told Chris that there is no chain restaurant that has a meal that comes close to what we had there. Now, how did that happen? I had to go to the right place for the meal. I had to eat the food and digest it well. Then, I experienced the effects of the food, bringing satisfaction and joy.

The same is true when a child of God eats God's Word. It is a meal for the soul, and it brings joy, because we come to know the Lord better, and we are assured of His love for us. It nourishes us spiritually, so that we become strong and able to live as God desires. It is something we need each day, and we need every word of the Word of God for our lives.

We must not just nibble at God's Word, and we must not neglect to completely digest it. If we do, we will not know the joy and rejoicing it can bring to our hearts.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 16-19.

Popular Posts