And Afterward Receive Me To Glory

I am sure we all have vivid memories from our childhood. One of mine is when we would visit my grandparents in Colorado. Often, my dear Methodist grandmother would offer thanks for the food as we all gathered for a meal. She prayed very reverently and almost always closed her prayer by asking the Lord "at last save us in heaven." I liked that phrase, so I used it later in life, and I was chastised by another believer who did not think that was a good thing to pray. However, I believe the psalmist would have agreed with my grandmother. His assurance was that God would be with us continually to hold our right hand, to guide us with His counsel, and afterward to receive us to glory.(Psalm 73:23,24) I am looking forward to that part of my walk with the Lord. What about you?

The psalmist saw that life did not seem fair. At times, it seemed that the rich prospered, and the believers suffered. I know I have seen that in my life. However, when he stopped to calm down and consider all he had in life, he realized, the rich would slip into a godless eternity if they did not trust the Lord. Also, he knew that God was with him continually. God was holding him by the right hand, so God's mighty right hand could fight for him. He saw that God was giving him counsel for the struggles of life to guide him in the right way. Finally, he had the assurance that God would receive him to glory. I would rather have all of that than riches any day, wouldn't you? God is so good, even when we seem to be getting the short end of the stick in life. Remember, we get to go to glory; the last part of our salvation is to be saved in heaven with a new body for eternity with Jesus.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 75-77.

Popular Posts