Fellowship with Christ

I pray that we all had a wonderful celebration of Christ's birth. Now, we need to ask ourselves some personal questions about our fellowship with the Living Christ. Jesus did not come to earth just so we could have Christmas and Easter each year. He came to have fellowship with us. Unfortunately, He is on the outside of many lives and churches knocking to get us to let Him in.(Revelation 3:20) Where is He in your life and your church?

Pastor Arwood quoted this verse the day I trusted Christ, so it is special to me. I finally invited Jesus to be the Lord of my life and to come in to have fellowship with me, as my Lord on March 20, 1970. It was a glorious day. My life was changed by His forgiveness and His presence. We have walked together many years now. I can't imagine life without Him and without fellowship with Him. If you have not made that life changing decision, I pray you will do that today.

However, this verse is mainly written to churches. In Revelation 2-3 Jesus is dictating 7 letters to John to send to the 7 churches around Asia Minor. The church at Laodicea was the lukewarm church. They had ceased to follow Christ and had become a social club.  There are many churches in this condition today. Christ in knocking to see if even one member will let Him back into their lives for fellowship, so it might spread to the entire church body. I pray that we all will take stock of our role in our churches and make sure we never let our churches get to this point. I also pray that we will intercede for the other churches around us and in all of America to let Him back in so we can see an awakening.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Revelation 5-8.

Popular Posts