Who Am I, O Lord?

Have you ever stopped to thank God for all of the ways He has blessed you, even though you are imperfect and have done so many things that fall short of His will? It is a humbling experience that benefits anyone who will do it. David did just that after he was made the king over all Israel.(II Samuel 7:18) When God told him that He would establish his family on the throne of Israel, if they would simply follow Him, it touched David deeply. We all should be in awe of God's grace in our lives.

When I ask God, "Who am I, O Lord," I know that I am a sinner saved by His grace for whom He cares and on whom He has showered so many blessings. My parents raised me in the fear of the Lord. God gave me the most wonderful wife to complete me. I have three children who know the Lord and do their best to serve Him. They are married to Christian spouses, so that they are raising their children to know the Lord and to do His will. God has blessed me to serve Him in the church for 40 years so far, and I have been able to see so many people here and around the world who have been touched by the message of the gospel and the love of Christ. It humbles me beyond what I can put into words to think of these and the multitude of other things God had graciously done for me.

Let's all stop to consider God's blessings and to pray a simple prayer of thanks like David did. Then, let's strive to live with a thankful spirit every day.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Samuel 8-10.

Popular Posts