Who am I, O Lord?

It is such a great honor for us to be known by God and loved by God. Even if He never blessed us, it would be far beyond anything we deserve just for Him to relate to us in a personal way. David stopped to reflect upon this truth, and we should stop to do that, too.(I Chronicles 17:16) How much has it meant to you to know the Lord and how far has He brought you?

I think of being a small boy growing up having the knowledge that the Lord wanted a relationship with me. What a blessing that He would know me by name and call me to follow Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Then, once I turned to Him at age 14 and confessed Him as Lord of my life, He has led me, calling me into the ministry and providing direction all of the way. How is it that the All-powerful Creator of the universe had time for me and thought to bless me and my family? It is beyond my understanding, but I am so thankful that God is love, and that drives Him to love each individual in the world in the same way.

Stop and reflect. Sit before the Lord like David did. Glory in His care for you that He would even die for you, and that He would bless you so abundantly as you follow Him. If you do not know God in that way, stop to listen to Him, and He will show you all of the ways He has been revealing Himself to you for all of your life. Don't ignore Him any longer. The Lord of the universe is interested in you, and He wants to bless you abundantly.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 21-24

Popular Posts