The Washing of Regeneration

Salvation by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is so much more than adopting a philosophy or turning over a new leaf in life. It is clear that every case of salvation is a "new birth." We become a new creation in Christ by the power of the Spirit. This is accomplished by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit.(Titus 3:4,5)

Sin is our problem. The sins must be washed away before we can be right with God and have a personal relationship with Him. The Spirit washes us clean. God pronounces us clean, just as if we had never sinned. Then, we have the righteousness of Christ, instead of our own righteousness, which is like filthy rags. It is a new start as a new person, and it is all by His mercy and kindness, because we could never earn it or deserve it.

I thank the Lord Jesus for saving me at age 14 and changing my life. All of the growth was enabled by the supernatural changes in me accomplished by the Spirit. None of it is by my power. He gets all the credit, and I give Him all of the praise.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Hebrews 1-3.

Popular Posts