His Eyes

I can't imagine what the eyes of Jesus look like, but one day I will look into those eyes. One thing is certain, His eyes are uniquely able to see everything we do, and to know exactly why we are doing it.(Hebrews 4:13) When we stand before Him, we will not be able to change His mind about anything, because He has perfect sight and a perfect memory.

I don't especially like going through security at the airport. It seems that most of the time I have to go through the total body scanner. I know it is for a good purpose, but it is still kind of uncomfortable. When I read this verse this morning, I saw anew that Jesus' eyes are so powerful and sharp that all things are naked and open before Him. There is nothing that can be hidden from His eyes.

One day, each of us will look into His eyes as we give account for how we have lived in this world. There will be a lot of squirming that day and many tears. Some of the tears will be His, because He knows all of the temptations we had, and He knows the pains. He went through all of them Himself. He will be reasonable and merciful. However, His grace is reserved for those whom He knows have trusted Him as Lord. I pray that we all will trust Him, so we won't have to see sadness in His eyes, as He confesses, "I never knew you."

Tomorrow, I intend to read Hebrews 7-9..

Popular Posts