Thanksgiving, Eating, and Drinking

Today is the Thanksgiving Day holiday in the United States. I pray that you have a wonderful day with your family and friends. For many people today is more about eating and drinking than anything else. Paul has the perfect Thanksgiving verse for us today in I Corinthians 10:31. I hope we will stop to consider what God is saying to us.

There is nothing wrong with eating a wonderful meal with family and friends. It is a way of celebrating all that God has given us in the past year. It is a way of showing the importance of family and friends, which is very good, too. However, let's keep in mind the goal or the purpose of our lives on earth. It should be to glorify God in all we do. We are to give Him the credit for all we have. We are to serve Him because we love Him, and He is worthy of all of our time, talents, and energy. When we obey Him, we are giving Him glory. I hope you see what I mean.

Therefore, as you go through the day, think about this verse. Are you eating and drinking for the glory of God? Is everything you do for His glory? If not, you are missing God's will and purpose for your life. Things will go much better in the year ahead, if you follow the admonition in this verse and make it a point in whatever you do to do all to the glory of God.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Corinthians 11-14.

Popular Posts