Perfectly Trained

I have received a lot of training in my life. Some of it was effective, and some was not. The difference came from the ability of the instructor and my willingness to learn. I believe the same is true for us as disciples of Jesus. His goal is for us to become like Him. That should be our goal, too.(Luke 6:40) When we are perfectly trained, we will be like Him.

So how are you doing? Are you like Jesus? If the answer is no, there are only two options. Either Jesus is not a good teacher, or you are not willing to learn. I hope you are not going to say that Jesus has failed in His training. I pray that each of us will realize that the problem lies with us, when we do not grow to become like Christ. The key could be the other thing mentioned in this verse. We may believe we are above our teacher. That attitude is the result of pride. We can actually believe we know better than Jesus. That is total foolishness. We must put away the pride, listen to Jesus  and He will perfectly train us to be like Him. That is the best life possible for any person.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Luke 9-12.

Popular Posts