Reflecting On 2011

I have spent part of my day reflecting on 2011. God has blessed me in so many ways that it is hard to count them all. Also, I can see where I need to make improvements with His help. Life is meant to be a continual growing process. I want to keep becoming more like Jesus every day until He takes me home.

My walk with the Lord has been consistent this year. I am seeing Him answer more and more prayers and show me more things. I praise God that I was able to have my unhurried time with Him each day. It is by far the best part of the day, as I pray and spend time with Jesus. I read through the Bible again, too. It is always fresh and exciting. I was able to help several people come to know the Lord, but I know that I must do better in 2012 to give my story and to share the good news of Jesus with more people. Also, I see that I must train people to multiply disciples. It is not an option for me.

Physically, I am doing well. God has blessed me to keep my weight down. For years I had to struggle with my weight, but this year it did not fluctuate more than five pounds, and I lost three pounds over the year. I was able to run more this year. I ran at least 150 times, and I covered almost 500 miles in the process. I am as strong now as I have every been in many ways. It is such a blessing when I think back to New Year's Eve 2003. I was having surgery for prostate cancer. God healed me, and He has made me stronger than before.

My family is walking with the Lord. Our church is doing well. God is so good! I am looking forward to walking with Him in 2012. I want to run the good race and finish my course. That is why we were created, to glorify God in all we say and do. It makes for a glorious life.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 1-3.

Popular Posts