The End of the Book

I only have a few more chapters left to read, and I will be finished with reading through the Bible this year. It is always such a blessing, and this year was no different. God's Word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. I can't imagine living without the whole counsel of God's Word.

Of course, I am reading the book of Revelation right now. It is great that God ends the Bible with a book that shows us how things on earth will turn out. We don't know exactly when the conclusion will come, but we know the way it will happen. It is a great comfort to know that we, as believers, will reign with Christ and spend eternity with Him.

The fact that always amazes me when I read Revelation is that the people know God exists. They even know that His judgments are true. However, they reject God and His Word. They would rather follow the Devil and the Antichrist, because they are so set on living life their own way. It is so sad to read time after time that the people would not repent even though they saw the truth.

It seems that the world we live in today is much like that. People reject the Bible who have never read it through. People see the truth of God's laws, but they would rather go their own way. There is every opportunity to turn to Christ, but the majority of the people refuse.

I want to issue a friendly challenge to all of us. First of all, let's make the commitment to read through the Bible in 2011. It doesn't take that much time each day. It is simply a matter of making it a priority. Then, let's ask God to show us the truth of His Word and reveal Himself to us. Finally, when we know He is communicating with us, let's respond in faith to trust Him and His Word. These three simple things could change the world in 2012.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Revelation 17-19.

Popular Posts