Seven Abominations

As I was reading my Bible this morning, I came across the list in Proverbs 6:16-19, which contains seven things that are an abomination to God. The list is very sad to me, because of how prevalent each one of these things is in our American culture today. In fact, it sounds like it could be a report on the evening news. Read them for yourself:

These six things the LORD hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
1. A proud look
2. A lying tongue
3. Hands that shed innocent blood
4. A heart that devises wicked plans
5. Feet that are swift in running to evil
6. A false witness who speaks lies
7. And one who sows discord among brethren

When I consider how many ways people in our culture commit these seven abominations, it shows me how far we have drifted from God. I pray that all of us, as believers, would do whatever it takes to flee from these things that God hates, and instead, we will show the world around us the opposite of each one.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Proverbs 7-9.

Popular Posts