A Thank You To My Children

It dawned on me today that we have Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day, and Grandparents' Day, but we don't have a Children's Day. Actually, I think they do have Children's Day in Japan. However, it probably doesn't have the same meaning that came to me as I reflected on Fathers' Day.

I am so thankful for my children. If it was not for them, I would not be a father, so there would be no Fathers' Day for me. They had to put up with all of my mistakes and my sins. On Fathers' Day they give me cards that make me sound real good. I do not have any of those grandiose delusions. I remember losing my temper with them and with others in their presence. I remember the failures to do the right things at the right times that I am sure hurt them. Still, they put up with me, and I appreciate them very much.

In fact, they make me look good, but I don't want the credit. It was only the grace of God and the fact that God causes kids to be flexible. He gives them the ability to forgive and to love in spite of our weaknesses and failures. I owe a lot to my children. I am proud of how they turned out, because they did listen to the Lord. That's why I want to say "thank you" to my children. I love them all very much.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 85-87.

Popular Posts