He Restores My Soul

This morning as I read my Bible reading passage, I want attracted to Psalm 23:3a, "He restores my soul." I have actually been thinking about this for a couple of days because of another passage in the Bible. My pastor growing up, Bro. J C Arwood, used to say that if God had something recorded in the Bible once, it was important, but if there was something in there more than once, it must be very important. I have to agree with him.

Our soul is who we are as an individual. It is the unique combination of our mind, our will, and our emotions. Therefore, when David tells us that God "restores" our soul, he is giving us an insight into what most people need in one way or another.

I am sure we have all realized our need to understand something better or to see things more clearly, because we have made mistakes, or we have not made the progress we wanted to make. Our solution may have been to go straight to the Internet or the bookstore for a self-help book. However, we need the Lord to renew our mind first and foremost. More information will not help until we look at things correctly.

The same is true for our will and emotions. We need to have the resolve to make the right choices, and we need to feel the right way, not be fooled by our emotions. When they are renewed, we can live so much more in line with God's will. We all need to ask the lord to restore our soul every day, so we will be more and more like Jesus, and we will be more and more like God designed us to be.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 25-28.

Popular Posts