Summer Seekers - Part 2

God is so good. We had a wonderful time of worship this morning. Our song and testimony service had something for everyone, and I believe the Lord spoke to many hearts. Then, we had a bountiful fellowship meal together. Just like I said in my post last night, we had a lot of folks gone for the long Memorial Day weekend. However, we had several guests who joined us for the first time.

I was able to greet each of the guests before the service started. Then, some people left, and some stayed for the meal. When I arrived at the meal most people had gone through the line, so I got my food and went to sit with Chris and the family. On the way to our table I saw the guest couple sitting at a table with two of our church couples. It warmed my heart. Finally, when I was on another trip back to the food, I turned around, and there they were. They made a special effort to come and tell me how welcome they felt, and that they would be back. I can't describe how that makes me feel. I am so grateful for our church family.

The main thing is that it made Jesus very happy, I'm sure. His Body functioned as it should. The hands reached out. The hearts expressed love. The mouths spoke the truth. Souls were touched for His glory. The church was the church. The church is people, all kinds of people with gifts and abilities. When we all do what we should do the Body is built up.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 13-15.

Popular Posts