The Bond of Love

Isn't it wonderful to have Christian friends who love you, warts and all? That is how all of my friends have to love me, because the Lord knows I have plenty of weaknesses. However, it never ceases to amaze me how God binds believers together by His unfailing love.

We had a very pleasant surprise today. Greg, Lisa, and Vanessa came to see us. They are Christian friends we have not seen for over 10 years. I knew we were going to get a visit, because Lisa let us know several weeks ago they were going to come this way. It was so good to see them and to sit and share our lives with each other once again. The bond of love was there. It had never left. That is how God means for it to be.

People who miss out on the love of God are really missing out on life. One of the Brooklyn Tabernacle songs I listen to when I run says something like, "Life is too short for fighting and name calling." For many people that is life. Jesus desires better for us, as believers. We are to love each other with that strong, lasting love that binds us together in the same way that the Father and the Son are one.(John 17) Truly, we are one in the bond of love.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 6-9.

Popular Posts