Water Heater Woes

Our water heater went out yesterday. What a joy! We were about to give Jacob a bath, but all that came out of the hot water faucet was dark brown water. That will bless your heart. I knew I needed to get a new water heater, but I did not anticipate it going out all of a sudden. That changed my Saturday. After going to the church work day for a while, we set out to the store to buy the heater and to install it. The old one gave us trouble, but in the end we were victorious, and now we have clean, hot water, and a lot of it. Praise the Lord!

I want to add one type of friend to the "moving friends" I wrote about not long ago. I think "water heater friends" are right up there, too. I appreciate Stacy for coming to our rescue. Also, he helped get us an excellent price, because of the cheaper price I found on the Internet. That was an excellent blessing, as well.

Finally, all of these water heater woes made me think of what people used to do before there was such a thing as a water heater. I know they would heat water on the stove and bathe in a wash tub on Saturday nights. From what I have heard the last person in the tub had that brown water we had yesterday. However, what happened before that? They went to the stream. In the winter it was just cold, I guess, or they did not take a bath. It just shows me how spoiled I am. People all around the world live without something that I think I have to have every day. I am thankful to the Lord for providing such wonderful conveniences to us, and I pray we never take them for granted.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Exodus 1-3.

Popular Posts