A Proof of Salvation

My verses for today were Philippians 1:27-28. God really spoke to me through verse 28where it says that not being terrified in any way by our adversaries is a proof of salvation. In a world where so many people are subject to fears of all kinds that is a profound truth.

Earlier this week, I was speaking to a new believer, and he made a statement that he was no longer afraid of what was going to happen to him in difficult situations, because he has the assurance that God is going to take care of him in one way or another. When he said it, I was struck by his peace, because I knew what he was facing. Now that I see it in light of this verse it is clear to me. God gave Him that assurance and that spiritual bravery to withstand anything his enemies could throw at him.

I pray that we all can see this proof of salvation in our lives. Salvation is not something we want to be uncertain about. That is why God gives us proofs.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Philippians 4 and Colossians 1-2.

Popular Posts