God's Confirmation of Truth

I love it when God confirms His truth to me. What I mean is this: He shows me truths from His Word all of the time. Sometimes, they are very much in the mainstream of Christian thought. At other times, they are kind of radical for most believers. When that happens, I am cautious about being dogmatic about that truth, until I see God's confirmation through other reputable sources.

Let me give you an example. I heard a wonderful devotion today from a brother in Christ. He spoke with passion about trusting God on an everyday basis. It is his belief that most Christians just don't get that kind of trust. They may have a belief that Jesus died for their sins to purchase their salvation, but trusting Him for their every day needs is beyond their faith. Then, this evening I heard the same testimony from a new Christian who is just learning to trust Jesus, but he knows that it must be a constant trust. He gave a real life experience and told me how he has been able to calmly walk through it with the help of the Lord. Isn't that fantastic confirmation from the Lord? I think it is.

I have been saying for a few years now that Jesus is Lord of all, and our only proper response is to trust Him fully for all things. That is what it means to take up our cross and to follow Him. I know it is radical, but it is the message of the Bible. Jesus does not settle for just being a Savior or a fire insurance man. He is Lord of all, or He is not Lord at all. Once we trust Him in that way, our lives are transformed forever. I believe more and more people are seeing this truth, and God is confirming it over and over.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ephesians 1-3.

Popular Posts