Hope Full

What a difference a few small steps make when it comes to overcoming depression! I don't know if you read my post on depression or not, but I gave a some simple ways to begin to climb out of the pit. The steps always work, but people don't always take the steps. They are paralyzed by the depression. It is painful to see someone like that. However, it is glorious to see someone begin to be set free. That is what I was able to see today. I praise God for His goodness and grace.

Now, instead of hopelessness, this person is hope full. It is a drastic change, but it is all possible by the power of God, once a person reaches out in faith to Him and begins to trust in baby steps. Then, the Spirit rewards the faith with hope. Hope grows, and they know that anything is possible with God's help.

The other reason I love it so much is that Satan is being defeated. He is so good at bringing people down, but he has no power once a person depends on the Lord. Once they submit to God and resist Satan, he has to flee. This is especially true when the Word of God is brought to bear on the situation, as well. I want to keep the Devil on the defensive as much as possible.

Let's bind together to pray for everyone who is struggling with depression, so they can win the victory through the Lord, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Mark 5-7.

Popular Posts