Overcoming Selfishness

I was about to sit down at my computer to write my post, because the Lord had laid on my heart to write about how so many Christians are focused on self and not others. This is so contrary to Jesus' desire. In fact, our view of being a Christian in our American culture is nothing like what Jesus had in mind in the Bible. We think we are doing well, when we ask Him to forgive our sins and we attend church a few hours a week. Jesus did not say anything like that. He said He is Lord, and we are to trust Him and confess Him as Lord before the world. Then, He sends us out to be His missionaries in this world that needs to see His light and know His truth.

That's what God had laid on my heart, but before I started, I checked may Facebook. I received a message that relates directly to what God had led me to say. I want to share a portion of the message, and then, make one more comment.

Stan,
I don't know if you remember the Palcer family that lived down the road from us in Stockbridge. Ronnie and his sister Michaela played UPWARDS and the family came to church briefly in 2002.
Ronnie graduated HS last week and died of Sudden Cardiac Death on Monday. At his funeral today, they had a picture of Ronnie and you and his Baptism.
I told Scott, it was nice to know that he had made a profession of faith, and had been involved in UPWARDS. I think that UPWARDS and his brief time at the church was his only involvement in church.And probably his only exposure to Christ.
I just thought I would share with you, how glad I was to remember Ronnie had made that profession of faith. It had burdened my heart to think of a young man dying without Christ.

Just think of what happens when Christians are selfish and we don't share Jesus with others. It has eternal consequences.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 40-42.

Popular Posts