God's Sustaining Power

I have been fascinated by the stories about the 16 year old young lady sailing around the world alone in a 40 foot sail boat. Her courage astounds me, and the fact that her parents allowed her to go amazes me. Then, to think that she was engulfed by 50 foot waves and driven by 65 mile an hour winds boggles my mind. I can't imagine the thoughts and feelings she must have been experiencing, especially since she was so far from any land or other vessels. I think she probably sent up some pretty sincere prayers for deliverance. What do you think?

Then, this morning I read Psalm 55:22, "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you. He shall never permit the righteous to be moved." What a promise! What is your burden today? What is causing you fear or frustration? What is your need? I am sure that the young lady in the sail boat was crying out for her life. Maybe you are too. The truth is that God has ears for the sincere cries of people who will cast their burdens upon Him. He loves for people to trust Him, and He rewards our faith in Him. Whatever your burden, He can and will sustain you, if you place your burden upon Him, instead of trying to handle it yourself.

That is a great relief, isn't it? Imagine how the young sailor felt when the search plane flew over. Imagine her joy when she climbs aboard the rescue boat. You can have the same relief and joy, but it only comes from the Lord. Reach out to Him, and give Him your burden today.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 56-59.

Popular Posts