Extremely Blessed

A few years ago I was in a local Christian bookstore looking around. That is a very dangerous situation for me, because I love books, but I have too many already. However, that day I did not buy any books. I bought a license plate for the front of my little white truck. I had been wanting a distinctive one, so folks could tell it was me coming down the road. The one I bought simple says, "BLESSED."

I know that for some people it might seem corny or simplistic, but it really sums up my life. I am not one who says, "Have a blessed day" when I am talking to other people or anything like that. I just mean that God has granted me so much that I consider myself blessed in every way. It is truly a wonderful life. I was raised in a loving Christian home. I have a fantastic, godly wife. I have three great children who love the Lord, and they are trying to serve Him in their own ways. I have three of the cutest and smartest grandchildren in the whole world. Just ask Chris, if you doubt me. I have a great church family, and they give me the privilege of being their pastor. God has been faithful to provide for our needs, so that there is nothing I need.

Above all, I have a loving Heavenly Father who sent His Only Son to die for me, so my sins could be forgiven, and I could have a relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ. He gave me His Spirit to live in me and direct my life for His glory. Now, He walks with me each day.

This Sunday we went to worship at North Richland Hills Baptist Church again. This time we had all three children and all three grandchildren with us to worship Jesus with us. The service began with a lady singing a song that Lori used to sing when we were at Bayshore Baptist in Houston. The song is "How Could I Ask For More?" As the lady began to sing, I began to cry. Anyone sitting around me might have wondered what was wrong with me. The truth was that I was crying because nothing was wrong. I am extremely blessed, so how could I ask for more?

Tomorrow, I intend to read Esther 6-8.

Popular Posts