Happy First Birthday, Jacob!

It's hard to believe it has been a year since Jacob was born. It has been a joy and a challenge for all of us. He is a very happy baby boy, and we all love him so much. I have had the privilege of learning how to change poopy diapers, again. I am pretty good at it, if I do say so myself. I was a pretty good burper, too, but he is past that stage now. I look forward to taking him with me and showing him the world around us as we take more walks with Midnight.

As I look back over the year, I see so many blessings that God has granted. Dixie has been a wonderful mother, and God has helped her to be strong for the task. She is quick to give Him all of the glory, too. God has given Chris the strength to be a big helper, as well. It has not been easy, but she has enjoyed having her grandson around the house. His presence has changed my life the least of the three of us, but I have enjoyed the times I have to play with him and to help out. He is a great little guy.

This evening we had a big birthday bash with the Loomis's, my parents, and Chris' mother. There were balloons, cake, ice cream, and lots of presents to celebrate Jacob's first birthday. I think they did it up right. Now, I can't help but think about the future and all God has for our family. One thing is sure: God loves us, and He has a wonderful plan for us, if we will follow Him. That is just what we plan to do, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for Jacob. I just want to do my part to lead him close to the Lord.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Deuteronomy 26-28.

Popular Posts