The Way to Heaven

There are many opinions about what it takes to get to Heaven. However, what good is an opinion or a belief, if it does not have something substantial to back it up? It is just a wish or a dream without absolute authority as the basis.

That is why it always amazes me when I speak to people about knowing Christ and being ready to stand before Him. They come up with some of the strangest reasons that they believe they are OK. One man years ago said that he was sure he was saved, because he had made the decision to give 10% of his income to the Lord. Another man said that he was on the beach at Guadalcanal. When the bullets were coming toward him, he prayed for God to get him out of there, and if He did, he would go to church. Now, tithing and going to church are great, but they are not the way to Heaven.

Today, I had the privilege to share with a man who said he had joined the church as a child and been baptized. After that he had treated his parents right, so he figured he was OK. It broke my heart, but I explained that God was looking for more than that. It takes turning from our sins and trusting Christ as Lord and Savior because He was the One sent from God to die for us and pay for our sins. Then, God raised Him up to show us that He was the perfect God-Man who could die for us. Unfortunately the man was silent. He would not respond to my pleas for him to consider his soul.

Now, this is not just what I believe. It is God's Word, and there is much evidence that the Bible is inspired by God, and that it is the truth without any error. If you doubt me, make a search for yourself. Find out the facts about God's Word, instead of basing your eternity on your own opinion. Why not be sure?

Tomorrow, I intend to read Exodus 34-36.

Popular Posts