Another Answer to Prayer

This afternoon I had a very pleasant surprise. I was able to speak to a couple about mending their broken marriage. That fact alone is not such an unusual event. However, there is a story behind this one that is rather unusual.

Several months ago, maybe May of 2009, I was leaving our Wednesday evening prayer meeting at the church, when a young man approached me and wanted to talk. One of our deacons, Jim Henry, was there so he went down to my office with me, and we spoke to this man about his spiritual well-being and his marriage. We prayed with him, and I gave him my card as I said good-bye. I thought he might come to worship, but I did not see him in any of our services all the rest of the year.

However, in my "unhurried time" I use a notebook with 5 sections. The first section is prayer lists. One of the lists is of people with whom I have had the privilege of sharing the Gospel. That way I can continue to pray for them, so God will keep working on them, if they did not receive Christ, and so they will grow, if they did receive Him. I placed this man's name on the list, and I prayed for him daily the rest of the year. Then, this week, I received a call. I thought I knew the voice, but I was not sure who it was. When they arrived at my office, I knew it was this man for whom I had been praying.

The greatest part of the story is that his wife did not really want to come, because she did not think it would help. However, at the end of our visit, she confessed that she was seeing things much differently, and she was willing to work on restoring her marriage. It will not be easy, but there is a chance that God will be able to move them to have a godly marriage and restore their "first love." Will you pray with me for this couple? I would appreciate it, and I believe they would, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Exodus 40 and Leviticus 1-2.

Popular Posts