Two Wonderful Phone Calls

Today was a day of rest for me. It was my day off, but most of the time, I still have some things to do. I did not do much of anything today except help Chris with Jacob and relax. It is pretty hard for me to do nothing, but sometimes it is necessary for the body and the mind to function well.

I had two highlights during my rest. Two people called to let me know that our prayers had been answered, again. In one case a father was checked for a brain tumor, and it was gone. In the other case a daughter was checked for a lung problem that turned out to be nothing. What a blessing to hear those words, "It is nothing" or "It is gone." I praise God, and I rejoice with these families. Those are the kind of calls I like to have.

I remember the day I got a phone call myself, and the doctor said, "We found cancer." That is not the kind of call we like to get, is it? Well, God knew I was going to get that call, and even though Chris was out of town, He brought me great comfort. The call came just minutes before I was to practice some songs with Jerry Loving, so I could sing for the Young Hearts. Each one of those great Christian songs brought God's comfort to my heart, and He reassured me that everything was going to be OK. They removed it, and I am fine. However, the greatest form of comfort is knowing that even if they could not have removed it, I would still have been just fine, because I am securely in His hands.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Leviticus 7-10.

Popular Posts