The List is Too Long

I am a list person. Sometimes, I have to write things down on a list. Most of the time, I can keep the list in my head. The problem is that the list of everyday or every-week things is getting too long. It happens to me periodically in my life. I have tried to analyze the reason it happens. It doesn't seem to be that I have too much trouble saying no. Sometimes that is the reason, of course. However, I believe the main reason is that I see so much that is worthwhile to be done. Let me say it another way. I do not ever want to miss an opportunity to do the Lord's will, and I can see so many things that are God's will for me to accomplish. I don't want to be lazy. I want to fill my time doing God's will in my family and in my service for the Lord. The challenge is to find the best way to do these things, so that I do not take too much time and energy.

Therefore, I need to exercise the second step in bearing fruit. I need to be pruned, so I can bear "more fruit." I am willing to be pruned. God does not have to force me. I just need to listen to Him, and adjust my schedule to leave off the things I am doing because I want to do them, and include only what He wants me to do. To accomplish this I have to spend time alone with Him and reorder my list. That is what I am in the process of doing now. I would commend it to you, too. I believe we all need to do it on a regular basis.

When my list is too long it causes stress, and Jesus does not want me to be stressed. Something is wrong when that happens. It is a signal that the list is too long. Jesus said that His burden was light. His way doesn't cause stress, it relieves it. That is why I don't want to deviate from His way for me.

tomorrow, I intend to read Exodus 17-19.

Popular Posts