A Wonderful Lord's Day

I can't imagine a much better Lord's day than I had today. I hope the whole church family feels the same way as I do. It was special for several reasons. It was our International Missions Day to kick off our holiday season of prayer and support for our International missionaries of the Southern Baptist Convention. That would be enough to make it a great day for me. I love to hear about missions and to hear what God is doing around the world. However, we had even more reasons to rejoice.

The praise and worship time this morning was very meaningful. The songs were not the same old missions songs. They were uplifting and challenging. They were so worshipful, but yet sharing the message of the gospel for the world at the same time. Then, two teenage girls sang a duet about going to the nations and the hurting people around us. The music was such a blessing.

Jeff and Lori Loomis were the speakers for both of our worship services. Of course, they are special to me since Lori is my daughter, and Jeff is my son-in law. They have finished their language training in Japan, and they will be returning next year to start their ministry full time. Our church has adopted the Japanese people as our "Unreached People Group" since less than 1/2 of 1% of the 127,700,000 Japanese people know the Lord. We are praying and planning to do all we can to aid them in their ministry and watch what God does in Nagoya and the rest of Japan. Jeff and Lori did a great job of presenting missions to us and challenging us to be involved.

Before the morning service I looked out the worship center window to see my aunt, my cousin, and her husband walking up to the door. What a great surprise! They were passing through from Tennessee to Florida, and they were able to come to worship with us. It was perfect for them to be there for Jeff and Lori's message. God is so good. It was great to see them and to have them worship with us.

Finally, at the end of the morning service we had two ladies join our church. One was a believer from the Philippines, who is the mother of one of our members, and the other was another lady from the Philippines, who was making her profession of faith in Jesus as her Lord and Savior. Isn't that amazing? Two Asian ladies coming into our church family on the day we heard from two of our missionaries to Asia. We are going to the world, and the world is coming to us.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 46-47 and Hebrews 6.

Popular Posts