Spiritual Potential

I am an optimist in most every sense of the word. Of course, I can be negative about things at times, but I am usually ready to consider the potential of a person or a situation and think the best. I do not consider it a weakness, but a strength. If I was not an optimist, I might give up on people too soon. Instead, I am often willing to be patient with them for a long time. I hope it is part of being like Jesus, who is definitely a merciful Savior.

Think about a ten year old child. What is the spiritual potential in that life? What if this child was saved and discipled, so that from his or her teens, there was a sense of spiritual direction and purpose? What could Go do with such a life? I am the kind of person who wants to try to help them find out.

Consider a young adult. They are out of high school, maybe going to college of some kind. What could they accomplish for the Lord, if they gave it all to Him? What if they were willing to surrender to the will of God and discipline themselves to follow Jesus in attitudes and actions? I love to see people like that, don't you? I love to think about the potential.

What about a senior adult? Is it too late for them to accomplish anything spiritually? I don't think so. There is so much potential because of the learning that has taken place over the span of their lives. If they let the Lord renew their minds and empower them, they can be a great force for Him. I love to try to inspire folks like that.

I firmly believe that everyone has spiritual potential, because the power and the direction come from God, not us. If we can renounce the pride and go with God, anything is possible according to God's Word. I believe that with all of my heart.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 51-52 and Hebrews 9.

Popular Posts