What If We Had No Money?

I know that "what if" questions can be a setup for a person to prove a point. I do not pose this question to prove a point, though. I ask it for a reality check. What if we, as believers, did not have any money? What if Christians were poor? Would Christianity in America survive?

What would happen if we did not have enough money for buildings, sound systems, videos, or the like? Would people still want to follow Christ? I think it is a good question to show us what is important to us and to show us what being a Christian means. Is it what we do in a building, or is it what we do every day? It should be what we do every day, and all the rest should the cherry on top.

I guess I could go on and on with this line of thinking. I won't do that here. I will just say that I do not think Jesus died for us to have buildings and sound systems and videos. I believe He died to save us and to set us free from the restraints of this world, so we could show others the way to Him. Then, we all would be prepared to live here and for eternity. The truth is that all of that can be done with little or no money. Now, are buildings, sound systems, and videos bad? They are not bad, but we can't let them get us off of the most important stuff. That is why I ask this question. I want us all to think about what is important to Jesus.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 27-29 and Titus 3.

Popular Posts