Showing the Love of Jesus

On Monday I did not write anything about our Men's Bible study like I usually do. We had a good study of Luke 6, but something very unusual happened, too. I want to share this blessing with you tonight.

Just about 5 minutes before 5:00 AM Jerry Loving came in holding the door open for a lady, who had some obvious physical problems. She told us that her car had broken down, she was not familiar with this area, and she was freezing. I was so happy to see our guys reach out to help her. We brought her in, gave her some hot coffee, and we allowed her to use a cell phone to call her friend. She waited in the warmth of the church until her friend came just before 6:00 AM.

I even stopped at one point of the study while she was in another room, and I told the men that I thought God was testing us to see how we would react to her. Her movements could have been caused by drugs. She had a very unusual manner about her. However, those things did not phase the men. They invited her in and treated her so well. I told them that I thought they passed God's test of how we would show the love of Jesus.

Then, tonight after Prayer Meeting Jim Henry brought me a "Thanks You" note written on two paper towels from the restroom. It was from this lady. She must have done it before she left. She thanked us for being so kind to help her in her desperate, cold state and give her coffee and a warm place to wait. She said that she suffered from Parkinson's disease, which accounts for her bodily movements. The main thing is that now she knows that Jesus loves her, and that there are some Christians who will help people like her. Hopefully, this will lead her to Jesus, if she doesn't know Him already. Of course, the Gospel is the best thing we shared with her on Monday morning. I pray she knows the love of Jesus because she knows Him as her Lord and Savior.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 65-66 ad I Timothy 2.

Popular Posts