The Real World

A long time ago I was counseling a couple because they were having marital problems. After giving them some clear spiritual truths, the young wife looked at me with a glare and said, "You don't know anything about the real world; all you are talking about is spiritual stuff." Her statement hit me like a ton of bricks. I usually do not respond directly and forcefully to people. I prefer to reason with them in a calm manner. However, in this case I came back to her very strongly, but without raising my voice. I assured her that the "spiritual world" was the real world. It was much more real than the things we see around us, and it will be around after all of this was gone. She did not have a reply for me, but she still did not listen to what the Lord had to say about her situation.

I am afraid that there are a great majority of people who feel this same way, even believers. They have no concept of the truth of Ephesians 6:12, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." Let me tell you something that you can take to the bank. If you think this world is the real world, and the rest is less than real, Satan will defeat you easily and drag you away from the true realities of eternity. Please, don't let that happen. Put your focus on the "real" world.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 1-2 and I Timothy 3.

Popular Posts