Happiness is a By-Product

I am glad I found the key to happiness a long time ago. I heard it said that happiness is a by-product of being unselfish and doing something nice for someone else. I have found that to be true throughout my life.

I think I found another way to say this from Doug Roberts, my missionary friend in the Dominican Republic. In our training time this past February he told our mission team that "it is not about us; it is all about Him, and when we figure out that it is about Him, it is all about them." That is a great quote. It shows why God blesses us with happiness when we help others. He loves them so much that He loves to see us reach out to them in love and with the gospel.

After all, we are never more like Jesus than when we are giving of our time, energy, and resources to help others. That is just what He did when He came to live a sinless life and die on the cross for us. He will always bless us when we obey His command and follow the Father's will as He did.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 40-42 and Acts 27:1-26.

Popular Posts