The Dimensions of Life

I hear people talking about life in a lot of ways. They talk about a long life or a short life. I hear them say that they have had a full life. From time to time I have heard people talk about the high life or the low life. These are not to mention the ones who say they have a good life or a bad life. There are so many dimensions to life.

What makes a life short or long? Is 50 years a long life or a short life? What makes for a full life? Is it experiences or wealth that fills it up? How can life be high or low? Is it high or low just because of emotions? What defines a good life or a bad life? Is it good or bad because of a job or a marriage? What determines the dimensions of a life?

I was talking to a man last week, and I was trying to explain life. There was a window pane next to us, so I told him that if he lived to be 100 years old, it would be like a speck on that window compared to eternity. I was trying to show him that what happens here is of almost no consequence compared to our life for eternity. I fully believe that. If we have plenty of money and power, and we have a good marriage for over 50 years, but we miss eternity in Heaven with Jesus, what have we accomplished in life? I would say we have accomplished nothing. However, if we die at 18 knowing Christ, even though we never married or even had a job, we have everything for eternity. That is a full life, a long life, a good life, and a high life. There are no earthly dimensions for life that compare with the heavenly dimensions. Make sure you don't miss Christ, or you miss life.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 26-28 and Acts 22.

Popular Posts