A Good Crowd for Prayer Meeting

One thing you don't usually hear a Baptist preacher say is, "We had a good crowd for prayer meeting." It is a real shame, too. Prayer is one of the most important things for us as individuals and as a church body. Just read the book of Acts. They were praying together constantly, and they saw great miracles. Today, we don't see either one very often.

Tonight, we did have a good crowd for prayer meeting. I like to allow people to ask me questions about the Bible and spiritual things before we pray. It is very informal and folks are very comfortable on Wednesday evenings, so it works out well. We had a lot of fantastic questions tonight, and then, we had a meaningful prayer time. I believe it was a blessing for everyone.

At this point in my life I realize I can't do it all (of course, I never could.), and I have to depend on God more than ever. Therefore, I spend more time praying than ever before in my life and ministry. I can see the results, too. I would recommend it to you. Spend some serious time with the Lord in prayer each day, even as much as an hour is good. Then, find a prayer partner to pray with on a weekly basis, and see what God does there. Finally, attend the prayer meeting at your church and pray earnestly for God to send revival and save souls. I believe if we would all do that, it would change our country and our world. It would set God free to do His mighty works again.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 33-34 and Acts 24.

Popular Posts